Unani-Tibb Practitioners aim to provide an individual experience that will educate the patient and focuses treatment at the cause of origin of the disease and not just the symptoms. Tibb equips patients with the relevant information to maintain a balanced lifestyle.
What to expect during a consultation.
- Full medical history
- Tongue analysis: Analysing the appearance of the tongue and utilising it as a map of the major organ systems to determine where the imbalance is.
- Pulse analysis: Feeling the quality of the pulse in terms of speed, texture, regularity etc. to assist in determining the imbalanced quality or temperament of the person.
- Full medical examination of the various systems of the body based on the presenting illness complaint where a diagnosis is made.
- Individualised treatment and management based on the presenting illness condition and his or her temperament.
Using a flame or manual pump, a vacuum is created in a cup which is applied to the skin on local points on the body related to specific organs and energy channels. The idea is to draw underlying blood and fluid to the surface of the skin, away from the area of inflammation. This method relieves congestion and also improves blood flow to the site being cupped and its associated tissue and organ, facilitating the healing process. Wet Cupping
After the cups are applied the skin below the cup is cut very lightly several times so that a small amount of blood flows into the cup and can be removed. Wet cupping is used to eliminate excess humours (body fluids) and toxins that cause disease. Cupping results in temporary reddening, swelling and often a discolouration of the skin (ecchymosis). After a few weeks there is virtually no scarring on the area that has been treated, even in wet cupping.
- Looking at physical appearance, metabolism, personality type, emotional factors and mental activity.
- Temperament determines predisposition towards illness conditions.
- Pulse and Tongue analysis: Supportive findings in determining the underlying qualitative and humoural imbalance.
- Physical examination
- Individualised treatment and management based on the presenting illness condition, and his or her temperament.Click here to take the test and discover your temperament.